Monday, June 6, 2011

Well-Timed Wall Rainbows




I felt like I was about to go over the edge. I prayed and didn't pull any punches. I sat at my table, about as angry at God as I can ever remember. Then I saw it. The Austrian crystal that has been hanging in my window since I moved here three years ago was casting not just one, but three or four rainbows on the walls and bookshelves. Such a little thing, but it was the right time to be sitting there, the right time of year for the sun to hit the right angle, and the right time for me to receive that perhaps insignificant, coincidental hello from God. Sentimental tripe? My broken heart thinks otherwise and I'm not about to argue. I mean, it was good enough for Noah.

1 comment:

  1. And, yes, the wreath is still hanging there, although a bit worse for wear. ;)

    ReplyDelete